Friday, November 14, 2014

Memories!

"Tonight is the last night of camp and I don’t know what to say. I love this place so much. This is my favorite place. People say, “Why in the world would you want to go to camp?” Camp is life changing experience. There are so many things you can try. I’ve never played tens. Now I play it every day. I had so many firsts at camp. First experience with boys. Just kidding, they are weird. And lastly the first experience with living with people. I met my best friend at camp. I had a Hershey bar and water for canteen my 1st year of camp. I’ve met so many people I love. Next year we will all be seniors. In 30 years we will be at Hallan Restaurant talking about our lives we all plan on being CITs. We came to camp for a reason and that’s to see each other. We have the best counselors who have been in the place I am. I love camp so much and I hope all of you read this and agree with me. "
-Camper from Journals

In this journal we get the real meaning of camp. I read through the journals again today as we put the finishing touches to send them out by the end of next week. I can look back and remember the juniors running up and down the hills screaming and having a blast. Or the inters narfing all day and all night outside cabin 14 and 15. I also see the seniors sitting in the grove and chatting with one another. The children don't always take the journals as serious as they should, because they are the memories that you will have for a life time. Some memories may fade away and some might stay forever, but the journal is how to document every precious moment of your summer.

I remember Paige and Eleni going and moving Logan's bed to the flagpole for a prank. I remember moving the office to Jill's trailer for almost a week. I remember taking five cabins to Pack's. I remember making everyone's schedule (by the way your welcome). I remember hearing about David Schechter's first kiss of the summer. I remember sitting with Sophia Alembik and discussing with her friends that I have known her since she was a junior. I remember a lot from my summer and these are just a few of the many memories from the summer. 

The memories are going to live forever and it makes me want to go to camp. Fred is leaving tomorrow and it will be sad to see him go. And myself, Alex, and Jill have a camp fair to go to this Sunday, We are very busy right now, but I would love to hear about your favorite memory from the summer!

We miss you all! We cannot wait to see you next month!
Best,
Scuba Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment